Is natural conception possible with medication? What is the success rate of IUI?

Infertility Specialist
Dear Doctor, Its been around two years since I got married. I have been diagnosed with bilateral endometriosis of stage (2-3) on March 2013. I had undergone laproscopic surgery on May 2013. After surgery, I took lupride injection for two cycles and simultaneously took ovral-g tablet. On 2nd of my period, Aug 2013, we took UV scan and i was told that cyst is reformed of size 2.2 CM. Doctor advised to go for IVF directly but we tried one natural and one IUI cycle. both was unsuccessful and now we are again going for 2nd IUI. Can you please clarify the following? 1) is natural conception possible through some alternate medications with above findings? 2) what % can we expect from IUI with above findings? 3) if at all we decide to go for IVF, can we delay this by 6months to 1 year? is delaying treatment impacts anything? 4) tube appears to be normal as per the post-op reports but one of the doctor mentioned that the tube doesn't function for the women with endometriosis? can you please clarify?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dont wait long Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. The only problem I see is low AMH which is surprising at your age. I guess report could be wrong. Please get it tested again. Following is my reply: 1) Natural conception is possible provided you have enough eggs. 2) IUI has success between 10 to 15 % in your case if lucky. 3) Please get your antral follicle count on second day of your cycle. If good no. of eggs are present, you can wait for 6 months. Not more. My worry is recurrence of chocolate cyst which is common to recur. 4) Tubes do function well in endometriosis. No relation between them. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Is natural conception possible with medication? What is the success rate of IUI? 9 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thank you for the response. AMH count was tested twice in different labs and it was confirmed as 0.8. Please suggest what could be best treatment for my condition.shal I go with IVF or try this cycle IUI
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: AFC Detailed Answer: Hi, I can advice you only after seeing how many follicles you have. The test is called " antral follicle count ( AFC)". I suggest you get this test done from a good IVF centre. If you have at least 6 AFC, you can go for IUI , otherwise IVF. If even less AFC then you might have to think of donor egg option since you have less follicles in that case. So please get beck to me with AFC report from an IVF centre. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist