Is my ultrasound report of neck and treatment suggested correct ?

Question
I here with submit the details of the case and reports for your perusal and suggestions for taking further tratment.

Name of the patient : C XXXXXXX
AGe : 46 F
Problem : Weight loss
diagnosis : Ultrasound Scan of Neck ( report enclosed)
: FNAC of lympho nude and thyroid ( reports enclosed)
Date of operation: 16-05-11
Type of operation: Total Thyrodectomy
Biopsy report :: 1. Papillary carcinoma of thyroid
2. Right jugular and supraclavicular lymphonodes show tumer deposits
3. Left jugular node and strap muscle is free from tumer doposits
Request:: please advise me for further treatment and followup and also suggest us as to what type of treatment is required and where shall I get the treatment in Andhra Pradesh and aproximate cost and period of treatment. when to vist for further treatment as the operation is done on 16-05-11.

awaiting for an early reply and valuable suggestions

Srinivasa XXXXXXX
H/o XXXXXXX
cell :: 0000
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.
You have got papillary carcinoma of thyroid with involvement of neck glands.
After surgery , usually the treatment with radioiodine is required and chemotherapy is also given in cycles according to the extent of invasion of the cancer cells.
The levothyroxin- Eltroxin that you are taking will continue life long.
To find a good cancer specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
WWW.WWWW.WW .
OR One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. (Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY )

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: Is my ultrasound report of neck and treatment suggested correct ? 18 hours later
you said that " usually the treatment with radioiodine is required and chemotherapy is also given in cycles according to the extent of invasion of the cancer cells"
1. when and where to consult for further treatment as the surgery was done on 16th May-11.
2. period of stay at the hospital and financial implications.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

For the radioiodine treatment and for chemotherapy cycles usually admission is not required. It is given on day care basis.

For further treatment you will have to consult a radiotherapist or cancer specialist. You can visit Mahatma XXXXXXX Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, MVP Colony, Vishakapatnam.

Regarding the financial implications, the cost of therapy depends on the drugs which are prescribed for chemotherapy. It also depends on whether the chemotherapy is needed. You can discuss about this with the doctor during your visit.

Sincerely hope this helps you.

Wishing you an early recovery.