Is my tiredness related to my thyroid removal or the drugs for TSH control ?

I had a total removal of my thyroids XXXXXXX 20, 2011. Started takeing 175 levothyroxin, felt good was told TSH was to high, was put on 150 had a slight head hunt in the moring would leave without takeing anything, was place on 125, since being on 125 my head has hurt everyday, my feet and arm hurt all the time they feel like they are sleep and when the are not sleep they are tinging. I am tried all the time but I keep geting told my TSH, T3 and T4 levels are nomal. I am now in the process of takeing a Cortisol Free Urine test can you please tell me if this is going to help if not what do I need to do I feel bad all the time !! I can go on like this.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 16 hours later

I do understand from the provided details that you had undergone thyroid removal procedure.

May I know why was your thyroid removed? and what was your latest TSH value.

The reason why I would like to know the above details is because your dose of thyroxine will depend on the TSH value. If your TSH is normal you have to continue the current dose of thyroxine and your tiredness may not be related to thyroid.

I am not sure whether urine cortisol will help or not and it is very difficult to comment with out having a complete clinical examination.

Have you attained menopause? Your tiredness may be due to the perimenopausal state.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the details.

Awaiting your reply.

Wish you good health.