Is morning sickness continued after first trimester a serious concern?

Mar 2013
Dear Doctor, I am pregnant since last 10 weeks. But till 10 months i have observed morning sickness but since my 11th week has started since 30th Dec'13 m noot feeling any nausia or morning sickness..i just feel uneasy in the evening after i eat something. I have doctors appointment only after 12 weeks with the sonography report.Please let me know if there is any issue as have read that morning sickness lasts for 12 weeks and if not then that is an issue.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: COMPLETELY NORMAL PROFILE, DO NOT WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. It is very common to feel nausea and morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy. However, you might be surprised to know that in upto 20 to 30 % of normal pregnancies, women do not experience ANY kind of nausea, vomiting or morning sickness throughout the pregnancy, not even for a single day. For the remaining , the duration is unpredictable and highly individualized. The morning sickness is caused by the pregnancy hormones, however each woman's body is different. It adapts and reacts differently to these hormones. So each woman experiences morning sickness for variable amounts of time. Some feel it only in the initial few weeks of pregnancy, for some it lasts well into the second trimester, and some continue to be troubled by it right until the day they deliver ! There is no corelation with how normal the pregnancy is. What you are feeling is completely normal. MOst women feel that as the first trimester gets over , the sickness gets better. As you are just feeling mild uneasiness now, even that will abate within the coming two weeks. Do not worry,as you are completely on track. The sonogram coming up will confirm that. Since you had a previous miscarriage, I hope an ultrasound has been done , atleast one, so far, to document the cardiac activity in the fetus. Please let me know if it has been done. There is no need to worry. Continue taking folic acid supplements though. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Is morning sickness continued after first trimester a serious concern? 55 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for your response. M feeling more comfortable now. Yes last sonography was done on 09th Dec'13 and the doctore said that the baby's heartbeats can be heard properly and baby is completely fine. My next visit to doctor post 12 weeks dat is post 13th Dec'13 with some sonagraphy report to confirm if the baby does not suffer from any infection or disease.. So was concerned. Currently i am taking medication of Folinext, Ecosprin 75 mg and thyronorm (once a day) and Torchnil ( twice a day). Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance, m felling relaxed now, was too much concerned.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Your medications are absolutely fine. Also, it is good that a sonography to confirm cardiac activity was already done. Your treatment and evaluation is on the right course. Wish you a glorious motherhood ahead, and all the best. Take care of yourself. Please feel free to contact me directly anytime at - WWW.WWWW.WW