Is liver transplantation possible for cirrhosis due to chronic hepatitis C?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. There is definitely no contraindication to liver transplantatio and actually cirrhosis due to chronic hepatitis C viral infection has become the leading indication for liver transplantation. So just have faith and since you dont have associated diseases as you mentioned, I am sure that possible transplantation would be more than succesful. Most people dont know how HEP C infection happened. Unfortunately it is not transmissed only by needles or sexual contact. There are many other possible ways. But it is not important at this point and you cant change it. You need to focus on your health now and find strength and patiency for further treatment. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Is liver transplantation possible for cirrhosis due to chronic hepatitis C? 58 minutes later
Thank you for your help. I had concerns about my O Negative blood type. Could it be a problem? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 hours later
People also viewed
- Siddha medicine for aquagenic pruritus
- Apthous ulceration on lip penus terminal ileum
- Shortness of breathe arachnoid cyst related?
- Chronic hepatitis c causes
- Lower alt and ast levels quickly
- 6 lakh units arachitol serum vitamin d levels
- Sudden inclease in alt ast
- Chronic hepatitis c liver cirrhosis can sulfazine treat liver cirrhosis
- What is chronic hepatitis c
- Increase in triglycerides increase ast alt infection
- How to lower alt and ast levels
- How to lower ast and alt
- Chronic hepatitis c stages
- Does aquaphor work on penile papules
- Chronic hepatitis c cirrhosis