Is it serious to observe blood in stool?
User rating for this question
I have found blood in my stool several times, sending in a lab sample now, have not had a colonoscopy. How worried should I been?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: don't be too worried. it is more like to be benign Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I understand how disturbing it can be to observe blood in your stools. I know you are for sure concerned about cancers. Cancer rarely presents with bright red blood. Blood in stool can be caused by many conditions of which the majority are benign. They include hemorrhoids, inflammation of the colon, constipation, infections, etc. Besides a stool exam, it would be good to get consulted for proper interrogation and examination. Also, you are already more than 50years and should strongly consider getting a screening colonoscopy. Taket advantage of this opportunity and get that addressed. For now, keep a cool head. The findings of the test would offer more clues to the exact cause and guide treatment accordingly. I hope you find this helpful. I I wish you well. Feel free request for more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Is it serious to observe blood in stool? 19 hours later
Thank you, I feel so much better
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you, too! Detailed Answer: I feel humbled for this opportunity to address your health query. I wish you well. Happy new year 2014. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Blood in stool not serious
- Is blood in stool serious
- Blood in stool could the problem be serious
- Dark circle ring around anus
- Is it serious to observe blood in stool
- Itchy raised red circle around the anus
- External auditory meatus is swollen and draining
- Clear dry flakes around anus
- Mildly dilated right atrium
- Troponin reading for heart attack
- Benazepril and attention deficit problems
- Robin pierre sequence and attention span
- Chapped skin around anus
- Childrens pain in anus
- Blood in stool rectum pain is this serious