Is it safe to work with a person suffering from autism?

I have factor V Leiden and I want to know what's potential risk is working with a autistic 30 yr old male who has become increasingly violent to those around him. He hits with an open hand, partial fist and closed fist and it varies in force. Am I in danger working with this client? He usually targets the arms, middle of the back and chest. But has also been known to hit in the head.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no risk Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear that you have this condition. Factor V leiden predisposes you to clot formation and not bleeding. Therefore, it constitutes no risk of bleeding if hit by someone and bleeding were to occur. I generally advise to stay away from XXXXXXX persons. I don't know why you would put your health at risk while helping another person. If he is violent, it is no longer autism. He should be evaluated and treated for psychosis. Please talk with the managers and suggest that your client gets a psychiatrist consultation and prescriptions to control his aggressive character. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD