Is it safe to use lariago in pregnancy? Can C-section cause intestinal perforation?

Q-1 Can Tab. Larigo be Provide to pregnant Lady ,If she has no sign & symptoms of Malaria.
Q-2 Can Intestine Perforation be possible (Iatrogenic) during C-Section. If there was no symptoms of TB or Typhoid.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 24 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

1. The use of Lariago (chloroquine) is considered safe in the prophylactic (preventive) treatment of malaria (which means the patient does not necessarily have malaria) is considered safe.

2. Yes ma'am, although extremely rare, iatrogenic intestinal injury during a C-section is possible and is mainly because your intestines are very close to the region where a c-section is conducted. Thus, during surgery, the instruments used can cause a hole/perforation in the intestines. This has to usually be stitched closed as soon as possible to avoid infections or other complications.

I hope this information is what you were looking for ma'am. Do write back to me for any further information or clarifications. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Is it safe to use lariago in pregnancy? Can C-section cause intestinal perforation? 9 minutes later
If I want to know briefly on behalf of operation notes , regarding My C-Section & operation held afterwards, if u can pls confirm me the charges
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later

I am sorry, I could not comprehend your query.

Q. You want me to translate and explain the operation notes from your c-section and the other surgery that took place after that?
A. I would be glad to help you with this. You can scan and attach all those files to our discussion here or email them to ' YYYY@YYYY ' with the address line as 'ATTN:Dr. Shoaib Khan'

Q. Do you want me to help you with something else? Please write back to me if there is something else you would like me to assist you with. I would gladly do that.

Best wishes.