Is it safe to travel in the 4th week of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

My wife is 4 weeks pregnant , can she travel. Since some of the doctors do not advise to travel in first 12 weeks
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Short distance traveling (1 to 2 hrs) may be allowed in the first trimester if she gets a comfortable seat and her vitals are within normal range. However, long distance journey by flight, bus or train should be avoided as much as possible during early week of pregnancy (up to 12 weeks). First trimester is more vulnerable for miscarriage or pregnancy loss. Therefore, she needs to be more careful during this time. Do periodic check up and consult with her gynecologist regarding this. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish her good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW