Is it safe to take amoxacillin while breastfeeding?

Mar 2016

Is it safe to use amoxacillin or augmentin while breastfeeding, and in what doses? I have 38.1c fever and for 10 days minor flu syndroms: runny nose
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 10 hours later
Brief Answer: AMOXICILLIN IS SAFE DURING BREAST FEEDING. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Yes, Amoxicillin or Augmentin is quite safe during breast feeding. It is usually taken as 625 mg thrice daily for 5 to 7 days. Along with, you need to take Paracetamol and cold sponging to reduce body temperature. Take healthy protein rich diet and Vitamin supplement (B complex). Kindly, consult with your doctor for complete prescription following clinical examination and assessment of severity. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW