Is it safe to take Plan B or Postinor?

I am on the HCG Diet via injection. I started the injections July 1st. I had sexual intercourse July 7 and i want to know if its safe for me to take a "plan b" or a postinor. My last period was XXXXXXX 27 - July 1st. I know i wont be ovulating until July 16th but i dont know how my body is with the HCG injections.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

You are on day 11 of your cycle and ovulation is unlikely at this point.

The hcg you take for the diet is significantly different in strength and quality from the hcg used for fertility treatments. So I doubt that they will enhance your fertility. But if you take plan b your cycles will become irregular and you may have a false positive pregnancy test due the higher levels of hcg in the body. It usually takes a week or more to be flushed out of your system and give a negative result.

So its up to you if you want to take plan b. Its safe but you should be ready for side effects like irregular bleeding,false positive tests etc.

Hope my answer is informative and adequate. Should you have more concern, I am available for follow ups.