Is it safe to take Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen when suffering from C.difficiel?

should hydrocodone with acetaminophen be taking by a patient with C.difficiel?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, it is safe! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen are safe to be taken by patients with C. difficile. They do not in any way aggravate the severity of this disease. However, it is not the treatment of C. difficile. C. diffcile is mainly treated with vancomycin and metronidazole. If these should fail, then the client is considered for stool transplant. Talk to your gastroeneterologist about this. I hope this answers your query fully. I wish you well. Please, feel free to ask for ore clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.