Is it safe to take Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen when suffering from C.difficiel?
User rating for this question
should hydrocodone with acetaminophen be taking by a patient with C.difficiel?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, it is safe! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen are safe to be taken by patients with C. difficile. They do not in any way aggravate the severity of this disease. However, it is not the treatment of C. difficile. C. diffcile is mainly treated with vancomycin and metronidazole. If these should fail, then the client is considered for stool transplant. Talk to your gastroeneterologist about this. I hope this answers your query fully. I wish you well. Please, feel free to ask for ore clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- What causes green stool in a six year old child
- Hydrocodone acetaminophen 5 325
- Diphenhydramine marvelon
- Super glue heart problems
- Is there any caffeine in fruta planta
- Is taking hydrocodone with acetaminophen safe when suffering from cdifficile
- Itching due to hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone acetaminophen 10 500
- Hydrocodone acetaminophen 10 325
- Lumbar epidural steroid injection blood in stool
- Whats a post partem hemridge
- More potassium if i take hydrochlorothiazide
- Is hydrocodone-acetaminophen safe to take
- Warm tingling sensation in leg
- Warm sensation in heart