Is it safe to take Anti-Cervical Cancer Vaccine while having Althea Oral Contraceptive Pills?

Excellent
Question
hi doc.. im 27yrs old.. i am planning to get Anti-Cervical Cancer Vaccine.. but i am currently taking Althea Oral Contraceptive Pills ( cyproterone acetate ethinyl estradiol ) my question doc.. am i qualified for the vaccination? would there be any interaction between the two drugs? or do i need to stop taking my oral contraceptives? if yes, for how long? thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Hi, Thanks for writing to us. You can take Althea pills and anti cervical cancer vaccine together, they have no interaction with each other. There is no need to stop your pills because your pills also protect you against cancer. Please also note that anti cervical vaccines are not 100% effective when one is sexually active because they are continuous in exposure to virus which causes cancer. Therefore it is necessary that you use protection during sexual intercourse to keep yourself free from cancer causing viruses. Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you. Good luck. Regards Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Is it safe to take Anti-Cervical Cancer Vaccine while having Althea Oral Contraceptive Pills? 4 hours later
thank you dr. XXXXXXX :) dr i am only taking althea for my skin :) been only taking it for 2months.. for how long can i take oral contraceptives? can it affect me if i wish to have children in the future?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes every medicine is having side effect. Detailed Answer: Hi, Nice to see you again. Sorry! for delay. In my opinion you can take Althea for your skin problem for 4-6 months because every medicine is having side effect. If you are planning pregnancy in future stop taking Althea atleast one year before your planning of pregnancy. In my opinion oral contraceptive should not be use for years. IUCD are more adviable in long term uses. Hope this information is useful to you. If you have further query please ask me.If you are not having any further query please close the query and rate the answer. Good luck. Regard Dr.Richa

Follow-up: Is it safe to take Anti-Cervical Cancer Vaccine while having Althea Oral Contraceptive Pills? 8 minutes later
hi dr if i stop althea will my skin problems come back? :))) im sorry if my question sounds stupid :))

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No, it's a very good question. Detailed Answer: Hi, I know if you stop taking Althea your skin problem may come back but there are other medicine for skin problem but if you want to be pregnant in future, you have to stop Althea. You can consult a skin specialist for optional medicine for your skin problem. If you want to ask more please ask, I feel happy to help you. Good luck. Regard Dr.Richa