Is it safe to remove gall bladder surgically for gall stones?

Is it safe to go for surgical removal of gall bladder for gall stones? What kind of hospital should be selected to prevent nosocomial infection? Is the surgery safe? What precautions have to be taken post-surgery?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Yes, it is safe to remove gallbladder surgically for gall stones. This can be done laparoscopically. yes, this surgery is safe. You need to restrict fatty food after gallbladder removal. Laparascopic removal of gallbladder allows you to go back home within a day or two and you can return to work within a week. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini