Is it safe to masturbate or have sex if I am going to the gym everyday?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I have heard I dont know its a myth or its a fact. My gym trainer says I should not masturbate or sex while I go to the gym everday. He says if you do masturbate or sex you wont be able to achieve health you wanted to achieve like getting six packs etc.
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
At the outset, commendable that you are gymming & on your way to a good physique.
However, am sorry to say i disagree with your trainer.
Masturbation has absolutely no bearing on your aquisition of your six-pack!
Neither has sex. Please ask your gym trainer to get a life or be factually correct or please change your gym or your trainer!!
Anything in excess or sans limitations is detrimental. Anything done in moderation is good for the system as a rule of thumb!
Take care & trust this answers' your query to the point. Good Luck & Godspeed!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD