Is it safe to have intercourse during periods?

May 2013
good evning doctor

i have same qus if my wife menses time can i sex whit her
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

Usually in healthy couple there is no restriction for intercourse during periods.
But during periods the possibility of transmission of blood born infections increases.
And also in females transmission of genital tract infections increases due to loss of the protection of acidic pH of vagina.
And also there is possibility of development of endometriosis due to spillage menstrual flow internally.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.