Is it safe to give colicaid to a 3 months old baby?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My son is about 3 months now. I have been giving colicaid every night as he finds himself difficult to burp and suffers fr gassiness. Is it safe to administer colicaid. and how often can I give colicaid
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes it is safe Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Gassiness and colic pain is almost seen in all newborn babies. Usually lasts till 5 or 6 months. Partly due to swallowed air along with feeding and partly due to digestion imbalance. But nothing to worry. It will settle on it's own as baby grows older and digestive juices increase appropriately. Burp him after each and every feed. Colicaid can be given as and when needed when your baby has gassiness and crying with pain. It has no significant side effects. You can give even three or four times a day 0.5 ml each time. Do not worry. Wishing your kid great health . Regards Dr Arun
Follow-up: Is it safe to give colicaid to a 3 months old baby? 19 minutes later
Thank you Dr XXXXXXX for the reply. 0.5ml is equivalent to how many drops.
Answered by Dr. Arun 2 hours later
Brief Answer: 8 drops Detailed Answer: Should come to about 8 drops.