Is it safe to do bentadine nasal irrigation for treatment of sinusitis?

ENT Specialist
I have sinusitis. I have tried antibiotics that did not work. I have read that some ENT doctors recommend putting Bentadine in a neti pot for nasal irrigation. Is this safe?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Nasal irrigations have been shown to be safe Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query. For your kind information Nasal irrigations have been shown to be safe. Different antibiotic, antifungal and antiseptic agents can be added to irrigation solutions such as Gentamicin and tobramycin are most frequently used. Bactroban, betadine ointment, Amphotericin B can also be mixed as an aid to help to eradicate infections. The commonly used solution is the normal saline. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health