Is it safe to consume alcohol while trying to conceive?

Mar 2016

is it safe to have alcohol during times when I am trying to conceive?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: LIMITED ALCOHOL INTAKE IS SAFE WHILE YOU ARE TTC. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Heavy drinking or too much alcohol consumption is not good for health. It should be restricted or controlled to avoid ill XXXXXXX effect. Alcohol consumption (more or less) usually does not create any harmful effect to growing embryo before confirmation of pregnancy or getting first missed period because fetal organogenesis starts from 5th week onwards. You can take limited alcohol while you are trying to conceive. It should be completely stopped soon after missed period and throughout the pregnancy period - more specifically in the first trimester to avoid FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome). In addition, you must take folic acid & vitamin supplements for at least 3 months during preconception stage. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW