Is it possible to ovulate four days after an abortion is done?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Is it possible to ovulate four days after an abortion procedure was done
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi,

usually during pregnancy the ovulation and menstruation all will be absent,
so after abortion, as during that the endometrial layer is scrapped off, it has to regrow for menstruation, the beta HCG levels should come down,
and for reestablishment of hormonal status and ovulation to occur usually it will take around 2 weeks (range from 8 to 36 days given in some studies),
and generally it is rare to ovulate on fourth day after abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Is it possible to ovulate four days after an abortion is done? 22 hours later
So i couldnt get pregnant four days after an abortion than right ? If im not ovulating.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 hours later
hi,

pregnancy is possible only when intercourse occurs around the time of ovulation only, so it is unlikely to get pregnancy on fourth post abortion day in absence of ovulation.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.