Is it possible to lose weight while on insulin?
User rating for this question
Hi. I have a sister who insists it is impossible to lose weight on insulin. I have and have kept it off for 20 years. She says that it why I can keep it off. I don't need insulin!
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 46 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Goal of insulin therapy is to control high blood sugar levels. 2) Hyperglycemia in long run would lead to chronic diseases involving heart, kidneys, brain, erectile dysfunction etc... 3) The need for insulin is judged by your sugar levels, HbA1C values, age and other parameters. 4) Donot confuse insulin management with weight loss. Both are different. 5) Even while on insulin, you can achieve weight loss with optimum diabetic diet and excercise under trainer. I hope i answered your query. I will be available for the follow up query you have. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
People also viewed
- Bone deterioration in the skull
- Insulin diets lose weight
- How to manage body weight while being on insulin
- Dizziness muscle aches and low grade fever
- Crumbling bones in feet
- Fibrous dysplasia jaw bone
- Cracking bones and joints
- Dizziness when you look sideways
- Demerits of eating raw rice
- Is it possible to lose weight while on insulin
- Cyst on tail bone symptoms
- How to lose insulin belly
- Digestion flutter in chest
- Insulin that helps lose weight
- Disease sorasis