Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis and
Testicles if your sacral nerve is pinched??
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.
yes,of course it is.penis and testicles are inervated from sacral plexus and this is one of the possible causes. It is usually associate with tingling sensation. But you should check is there a cause of pinched nerve by MRI scan. It can be found in healthy people or due to degenerative spine changes or some other lesions.
Other common causes of such pain are herpes and other infections,urinary infections, epididimytis, inguinal hernias.
To evaluate all this you need to do urine analysis and testicle ultrasound. Wish you good health. IF you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards

Follow-up: Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched? 1 hour later
If it was herpes, how soon after contact
Would I have the sensation!?

I had slight contact w someone meaning maybe 4 insertions , 2 months
Ago . I had a rash a week after but was
Between my legs similar to fugal rash which
Got better and I did have athletes foot. No other symptoms ie blisters etc
Would I have tingling now??
I was told that wasn't likely

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later
It is not likely,but it is possible. Herpes can be transmissed at any time and then the virus can be activated and inactivated periodically depending on our immune system strength. Sometimes it can manifest only with tingling or burning sensation without vesicles. This is just one of the possible options that you should be aware of.
But sacral plexus compression is more common cause of such pain. it is questionable if chiro can help,but steroid shots or antiinflamamtoy drugs may be helpful.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched? 21 minutes later
So based on facts herpes would seem unlikely?

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 minutes later
Yes,that's right. This is not typical herpes manifestation especially if there wasn't risky recent intercourse. so just watch for some new signs such as rash,spots, urethral discharge,urination pain. Otherwise ,you can wait and see will pain progress and check you neural issue.nothing can happen in short time.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched? 13 minutes later
That was almost 2 months ago
I am using fungal powder for
Rash a college on here said looked
Fungal which is clearing up. Also, I have seen a urologist
Who said I had no visible signs of herpes
And said typically herpes manifests w
Blisters 2-20 days after contact

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 10 hours later
Thats right. as i said this is not typical HSV manifestation.
Yeast infection can also cause your symptoms so you can expect improvement after it is completely cured.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched? 36 minutes later
I notcied today a small raised patch on the
head on penis, one left side I have attached a picture
should I b concerened at all
I have attached a second pic

you shouldnt be cocerned. This is nothing significant and as I can see there is no pathologic lesion which could indicate some infection.

Follow-up: Is it possible to have pain in tip of penis andtTesticles if your sacral nerve is pinched? 23 hours later
Is that common, a bit of a raised area l

realize people change etc

We're u able to view it in picture?

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 minutes later
Yes, i am able to see it. This is common and normal anatomical variation,there is no sign of something wrong with it and i dont think it is related to your pain so this shouldnt concern you.