Is it possible to experience Erectile Dysfunction after taking viagra?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I took Viagra recreationally last week and now I have ED. I think I might have had a priapism. Please help.
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is unlikely to be due to Viagra. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed problem of Erectile Dysfunction very recently which you attribute it to be due to taking Viagra last week. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you take excess dose of Viagra than what is prescribed normally? 2) How long your erection last after taking Viagra?(Was it for more than 4 hours?) 3) Was your erection painful ? 4) Did you have any injury to erected penis during sex after taking Viagra? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following tests done to rule out any cause of vascular origin for ED. 1) Ultrasound scanning of penis . 1) Colour Doppler Ultrasound scanning of the penis . Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis, Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free toask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Is it possible to experience Erectile Dysfunction after taking viagra? 1 hour later
Hello and Thank you for your response, I took 50mg of Viagra. It was not prescribed and I had never taken it before. I took it for fun and acquired from someone who had it prescribed. I had normal erectile function before hand. My erection lasted around 3 hours and subsided after ejaculation. My erection was slightly painful, but I'd describe it more as uncomfortable due to the strength of the erection. I did not injure my penis during to use of this drug. Kind Regards XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 hours later
Brief Answer: It is problem of FD is not due to Priapism. Detailed Answer: Hello thanks for feedback. Your problem of ED is definitely not due to Priapism. It is most likely to be due to what is called as performance anxiety and mind related . Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. Please do not worry it will get resolved over a period of 2-3 weeks. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil..