Is it possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation?
User rating for this question
I have PCOD problem for 8 years now and I am on homoeopathy medicine for long time now. my periods are normal for quiet some time now. I would like whether it is possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very rare. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Chance of having regular periods without ovulation is very low. Regular periods imply ovulation in more than 95% of cases. You can confirm ovulatory status by one simple blood test: serum progesterone, done 7 days before next expected menses (that is on 21st day of a 28 days regular cycle). A valueof >5.6ng/ml indicates ovulation. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
People also viewed
- Is ovulation possible after the periods if having sex
- Can i take folvite tablets during pre-pregnency period
- Metallic taste numb arms and face
- Pregnant is it safe to use aspimed
- Pregnant feeling itchy all over body normal
- Tingling in right eye and right arm
- Ovulation and periods
- Swelling fatty tissue under arm
- Having delayed periods with little spotting could i be pregnant
- Eye twitching tingling in arm headache
- Pregnant planning to travel precautions and safety measures to follow
- Fluttering feeling in neck and arms
- Is it possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation
- Periods but no ovulation
- Is it possible to ovulate at the 9 th day after period