Is it possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation?
User rating for this question
I have PCOD problem for 8 years now and I am on homoeopathy medicine for long time now. my periods are normal for quiet some time now. I would like whether it is possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Very rare. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Chance of having regular periods without ovulation is very low. Regular periods imply ovulation in more than 95% of cases. You can confirm ovulatory status by one simple blood test: serum progesterone, done 7 days before next expected menses (that is on 21st day of a 28 days regular cycle). A valueof >5.6ng/ml indicates ovulation. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
People also viewed
- Is ovulation possible after the periods if having sex
- Could diarrhea be a sign of early pregnancy
- Can a heart patient take cashew
- Ovulation and periods
- Day 30 no period negative pregnancy test
- Day 40 of pregnancy
- Cashews and vaginal itching
- Cashew nuts food poisoning
- Decidual bleeding at 4 weeks
- Cashew nuts knee pain
- Decidual bleeding negative hpt
- Cashew nut good migraine
- Is it possible that monthly periods happen without ovulation
- Periods but no ovulation
- Is it possible to ovulate at the 9 th day after period