Is it okay to lick the nuvaring contraception device?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Is it ok to lick the nuvaring contraception device?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Majority of partners do not feel the nuvaring if correctly placed but if you do feel and accidentally have come in contact with it during oral intercourse, there is no harm to you or the contraception. Nuvaring is a slow release hormonal contraceptive which releases low dose of estrogen and progesterone hormones in blood stream through absorption by vaginal mucosa.

So it is not something which dissolves.

If you have any doubts regarding the placement and usage of nuvaring please consult your gynecologist. You may take help of the site WWW.WWWW.WW for additional details.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any more concerns.