Is it normal to see orange spots? Need eye check-up?

I keep seeing Orange spots, someone told me thats not good.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

It is certainly not normal to see these orange spots. I would certainly recommend that you see and Eye doctor as soon as possible.

The ophthalmologist can look inside your eyes and decide if there is anything going on. I am most concerned that there may be some issue with the circulation to your retina. Also in some cases the retina can become detached and cause strange symptoms such as seeing different colors or flashes of light.

I would not wait at all in order to make an appointment. The reason I say this is because with some problems in the eye intervening sooner rather than later can make a big difference.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be clear and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them. Otherwise please accept my answer.

Dr. Robert