Is it normal to have tender nipples post hysteroscopy and D&C for polyp removal?
User rating for this question
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Basically there is no corelation between the procedure you had and the nipple tenderness. Please mention your age and menstrual status also. Nipple tenderness could be hormonal, it is physiological at some stages of life, such as premenstrually, during your periods, pregnancy, post an abortion , during ovulation sometimes. It can also occur due to cold weather. The fabric of your bra, if it is a tight fitting underwired one, can chronically irritate the nipple leading to tenderness. Overstimulation during masturbation or intercourse can sometimes lead to minor residual tenderness. Do not worry much about it. It would pass of in a few days by itself. Just wear a comfortable bra and layer yourself if it is cold. If the pain persists / increases or there is a lump / discharge from the nipple, you need to see your doctor. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have tender nipples post hysteroscopy and D&C for polyp removal? 15 minutes later
my age is 43 the Dr. did a D&C and told me i should no longer have a period.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Well, you could be undergoing peri menopausal changes, hence the nipple tenderness - as I said, it is hormonally related.
People also viewed
- Uterine polyp removal hysteroscopy side effects
- Cpt for hysteroscopy dc
- Symptoms of gland tuberculosis
- Hygeia breast pump vs medela
- Wisdom teeth and swollen glands underam
- Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
- Swollen glands thirsty tired
- Uterine polyp removal hysteroscopy
- Sore lump in breast tissue
- Hysteroscopy dc
- Medical term for male breast
- Swollen lymph nodes in breast
- Sore tongue swollen gland
- Medical term for breast removal
- Sick gland swelling suddenly