Is it normal to have swollen bicep while taking dialysis treatment?

I am a new dialysis patient. one day after my 6th treatment my bicep is unusally swollen and sore. it started this almost immediately
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. This is not a direct complication of dialysis. But this can occur as a result of thrombophlebitis or cellulitis of the arm where , cannula is injected for blood flow. If it is not in the arm where any cannulation is done , it is unlikely to be due to dialysis related complication. Tell me following things : 1. Is any cannulation being done in the same arm? 2. Any fever? 3. Any trauma over that area? 4. Place of dialysis access - Jugular vein in neck / AV Fistula / Femoral Catheterization? This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD