Is it normal to have small amount of fluid in the cul di sac ?

my ultrasound says that i have small fluid in cul di sac .can unmarried girls also have this.

What are the possible reasons of having small fluid in cul di sac .My period cycles have been preponed these days and is 21 days
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan 1 hour later

Please do not worry. Small amount of fluid in the cul de sac is a normal finding and there is nothing to worry about. Around the time of ovulation, once the follicle ruptures some amount of fluid is released, this fluid goes to the most dependent part of the pelvis, cul de sac. It is infact a sign of ovulation along with rupture of a growing follicle. This fluid stays in the body for some time and then spontaneously gets absorbed.

Your periods are now every 21 days? well this is for how many cycles? Sometimes the periods may be delayed or preponed by a few days.

However you need to get yourself evaluated if this continously present for more than 3 cycles. Also keep in mind that stress and anxiety really can influence the frequency of the periods.

Hope this answers your questions.

Wish you Good Health.
Follow-up: Is it normal to have small amount of fluid in the cul di sac ? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply mam ,can i send you my reports .What is ectopic(this is the tewrm that the sonologist used)I am experiencing pains in right shoulder overa past few days (may be thats due to office work) but its on right side only and the ortho dint find nething wrong.

my tongue remains white most of the time and i dont feel like eating.feel tired the whole day.
Since february my cycles are of 21 days.Yes but i am really stressed out since past six months.Earlier my cycles were 24 days and used to last 5-6 days .four days heavy and two days negligible flow.
These days cycle is 21 days and this includes 3 days heavy flow and one light.but the heavy flow is really heavy like earlier days .(i use 3-4 napkins during first 2-3 days).Is something wrong with me or its because of tension s that this is happening.

Please tell what are the other reasons of fluid in cul de sac .Plz tell
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan 11 hours later
Thanks for the query,

Ectopic is when the pregnancy is outside the uterus.

In an ectopic pregnancy, a fertilized egg has implanted outside the uterus. The egg settles in the fallopian tubes in more than 95% of ectopic pregnancies. As the fetus grows, it will eventually burst the organ that contains it. This can cause severe bleeding and endanger the mother's life.

You might feel pain in your pelvis, abdomen, or, in extreme cases, even your shoulder or neck (if blood from a ruptured ectopic pregnancy builds up and irritates certain nerves). This is quite XXXXXXX .

You must immediately go and see a gynaecologist if your report has anything like ectopic. Also for your irregular periods you will need to get yourself examined by a gynaecologist who can then advise you appropriate blood tests.

Follow-up: Is it normal to have small amount of fluid in the cul di sac ? 4 hours later
Thanks for the reply sir
My dates have been like this .I had physical relation with my partner on 4th and 5 th of feb (my dates were due but i had tablets to delay them)

I had i pill after that.My dates lasted from 7th to 10 th feb (not as heavy flow as i normall have)

Then dates were 5th to 7th march normal flow.
I had a relation on 18 march .19 march and had a ipill on 19 th .then 21 and 23 had a relation and again a ipill.

I had light periods that lasted from 26 th march to 29 march.
Since march i feel nausea and pain in abdomen ,acidity and at times bad taste .

In april dates were 24 to 27 april(first three days heavy flow)
in may 16 to 19 (heavy flow)

can it be ectopic as i have pain in lower abdomen right side ,pain in lower back and right shoulder .Still having pain i right abdomen ,the reports said (ultrasound ) small fluid in cul di sac .

i have pain in right shoulder and right side lower abdomen.
CAn it be ectopic ,please tell as though my periods are begular they have shifted from 24 days to 21 days cycle and from 5-6 days to 4 days .Although first threedays flow is heavy.

Kindly suggest

Answered by Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan 35 hours later
Hi and thanks again.

Considering that you had period every month though irregular, the chances of pregnancy is unlikely. I-pill when used early following unprotected sexual intercourse is usually effective in preventing pregnancy. So historically you do not seem to be pregnant.

Conclusive evidence can be obtained by tests alone.

You may consider getting the following test. This will rule out pregnancy (ectopic pregnancy)

1. Urine pregnancy test
2. Blood HCG levels
3. Repeat ultrasound examination - to look for products of conception

As far as irregular periods and presence of other symptoms are concerned, I encourage you to consult a gynecologist for physical examination and evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health