Is it normal to have intermittent abdominal pain while trying to conceive?
User rating for this question
Hi, This is regarding pregnancy. My wife was supposed to get her periods on 1 st of XXXXXXX 2014. So we are assuming she is pregnant. She will take a pregnancy self check in a week. Problem is, She is having a very little pain on both sides of the abdomen. Pain is not consistant. It comes at random times. This pain will not last longer. It bothers her couple of times. I heard from others that the pain could be because of excessive heat. She also complains about legs pain. By the way, She is a software engineer. Are these symptoms common in pregnant ladies? Should we consult a doctor ASAP or can we wait for one more week till she takes a self test for pregnancy? Please suggest
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy cannot yet be assumed sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I respect and admire the concern you have for your wife. I would like to start by saying that pregnancy is not the only cause for a delayed period in a woman who otherwise has a regular menstrual cycle. There are many other causes like infections, pelvic inflammatory disease, stress, etc; that can all cause a delay in periods as well as present with pain around the lower abdomen which can radiate to the legs as well. Do please ask your wife if she has any of the following symptoms and write back to me sir: -Burning sensation while urinating -Frequent urination -Increased urge to urinate, but less amount of urine passed -Chills -Fever -Lower abdominal and/or flank region pain -Itching around the genitals -Blood in urine or immediately after (not always seen) I would suggest you take the home pregnancy test now, but only using an early morning urine sample and write back to me. We will have to confirm or rule out pregnancy first, and then decide our next move. For now, I do not think there is an emergency to report to a doctor immediately. We can wait, but during this wait we will have to paint a more clear picture on the possible diagnosis. Looking forward to your response sir. Please feel free to write to me about any other clarifications as well, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Symptoms of papilloma larynx
- Can my intermittent abdominal pain and nausea be due to pinworm infection?
- Sharp intermittent abdominal pain like a knife
- Meaning of bilateral resting ovaries
- Symptoms of irreversible infertility
- What is bilateral polycystic ovary meanin
- What could be the cause for intermittent abdominal pain
- What is the cause of sharpintense and intermittent abdominal pain
- Symptoms of cutaneous tuberculosis
- Symptoms of spine tumors
- Symptoms of lyme arthritis
- Intermittent abdominal pain waiting for colonoscopy result any thoughts
- Bilateral polycystic ovaries and pregnancy
- What is polycystic bilateral ovary
- Bilateral polycystic ovaries impact while pregnency