Is it normal to have cold sweats during the day when getting over flu?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
I just got over the flu. But during the day I'm still having cold sweats. Is that normal
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Having cold sweats is normal when getting over the flu. It will be over but needs time. If it will persist after a week, then, I'd strongly suggest to consult a physician. Meanwhile, I'd advise to: - have tea and other fluids (water) - take paracetamol - avoid taking fever drugs excessively - have light meals (especially soups) - get plenty of rest Wish fast recover! Dr.Sonila p.s: If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to call me back.