Is it normal to have clear fluid discharge from right nipple 8 months post quitting breast feeding with history of cyst removal ?

I quit breatfeeding about 8 months ago, I have noticed on occasion that if I squeeze my right nipple, a small amout of clear fluid will come out, almost like colostrum. I am a little freaked out.Is this normal?I am 5"8, 30 yearold, 153 pounds and when I was 17 I had a cyst removed from that breast, I can't remember what they called it fibro something or other.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 25 minutes later

Since you have stopped breast feeding about 8 months, sometimes, you may have slight serous secretion/discharge from nipples. This is a normal phenomenon and does not need any further evaluation or treatment.
So be reassured.

A previous Surgery for fibroadenoma/adenosis will not cause any such symptoms and therefore, its not related to it.

So do not worry. It will settle down by itself

How this answers your query.
Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks And Regards

Dr Kiran