Is it normal to hab=ve mouth ulcers and pain in tongue with typhoid?
User rating for this question
my daughter(4.5 years old) is suffering from fever from last 5 days and doctor has diagnosed typhoid fever day before yesterday. He has prescribed azithromycin. There are ulcers visible in throat and mouth which have increased today. Today she is complaining of acute pain in throat, tongue and gums frequently. Are these symptoms normal in typhoid and how much more time will it take to subside.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Ulceration of mouth can be seen with any fever. Continue with medication as advised. I suggest you to apply glycerine over affected areas in mouth. Give plenty of fluids,fresh fruit juices,lemonade ,vegetable soup amd soft bland diet. It will settle in couple of days. Hope I have answered your query.let me know if I can help you further. Wishing your child good health. God bless....
People also viewed
- Abnormal bowel movements icd 9
- Causes of abnormal brain activity
- Levalbuterol vs xopenex
- Mouth ulcers under the tongue
- Mouth ulcers on tongue treatment
- Lumbar facet joint nerve ablation
- Cracked tongue and mouth ulcers
- Singulair vs clarinex
- Clarinex vs xyzal
- Uses for xopenex
- Mouth ulcers on bottom of tongue
- Abnormal head growth in babies
- Multivitamins and multiminerals
- Medical term for abnormal appetite
- Tongue peeling and mouth ulcers