Is it necessary to go for elective surgery for sinus bradycardia?

I had an EKG for elective surgery, it cam back Sinus bradycardia Poor R Wave progression Consider inferior myocardial ,age indeterminate What does it mean am I ok to go ahead with the elective surgery?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: More cardiac exams needed, go ahead with surgery.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX. I read your query and understood your concern. The ECG report shows possible signs of myocardial ischemia. However an abnormal ECG doesn't always signify the presence of disease. Unfortunately you can not go ahead with the elective surgery, because you have to run more examinations to rule out any cardiac problems. If i was your treating doctor i would suggest to run the following examinations: - Heart ECHO - Holter monitoring - Stress test. After running this exams than you can go on with the elective surgery. Hope i answered to your query. Dr. Benard