Is it harmful if polio drops is given twice in a week to a child?

my 2yrs 4 months old daughter was given polio drops twice in a week due to ignorance of the health worker. Is it harmfull ?
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 minutes later

It is not harmful if polio drops were given twice in a week to your daughter.

Pulse polio is recommended to be given to every child below 5 years of age even if they are have received their regular dose. Thereby children are given doses a number of times in a year and has not been reported to cause any harm. So be rest assured that your daughter will not be harmed.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarification.

Wishing your daughter all the best.