Is it good to take glucosamine for stiffness in legs and lower back?
User rating for this question
I am 69 year old female. Active and healthy. I take blood pressure medicine and thyroid medicine every day. I just had a physical all is good. I am following the South Beach Diet have lost 10 pounds in 2 months. The main thing is I have changed my eating habits. My question is my legs and joints get stiff especially in my lower back. I notice I am bother by the damp weather, etc. Would it be good for me to take a joint supplement, like something with glucosamine? My brother takes a supplement every day and he says it helps with his knee joints, etc. I as not one to take stuff just for the sake of taking stuff, I take calcium and vitamin D3.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Glucosamine works fine for knee and ankle joints Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs XXXX, welcome to XXXXXXX Have you got checked up for osteoporosis? Because it is a common cause of back ache in your age group. Glucosamine works fine for knee and ankle joints where most of the synovial lubrication is required. It may not work all that well for low back. However, you may take it as it improves stiffness in your knee joints and it is a reasonably safe drug. Hope i have cleared your doubts. All the best.
Follow-up: Is it good to take glucosamine for stiffness in legs and lower back? 9 hours later
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ok then. All the best for your health. Detailed Answer: Ok then. All the best for your health.
People also viewed
- Cause of red swollen painful and itchy lesion
- Iud lower back stiffness
- Is it normal for prozac to work in 3 days
- Dexa body composition assessment
- Righthand lower back stiffness
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- Manuka honey green tea asprin
- What causes sharp pain in middle of left shoulder
- Stiff legs and back
- Treatment for chest pain and stomach problem after quitting tobacco
- How to treat sudden fatigue and sleepiness
- Does asprin make you feel cold
- Low mpv and asprin
- Lower back pain stiffness suggestions
- Does asprin made you cold