Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control?

Question
hi... 1. is it okay to skip vascoride when bp monitor says normal? 2. skipping vestar...forgot or did not bring? 3. can not stand up long...heavy feet? 4. final pathological report says, benign nasopharyngeal mass and no histolic evidence of malignancy.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Regular and timely intake of BP drugs is a must. Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. 1. BP is untreatable. It remains UNDER CONTROL as long as you are on regular drugs. A NORMAL BP reading while on drugs, means that doses of BP drugs is adequate. Hence, please DO NOT SKIP EVEN A SINGLE DOSE OF THE PRESCRIBED DRUGS (Vascoride and Vestar). 2. Keep a few tablets of Vestar in your pocket or at your workplace, so that you do not skip the scheduled dose. 3. Both BP drugs cause pooling of blood in the lower extremities. Hence, you develop heavy feet, as a minor side effect of these drugs. 4. It is OK as long as the nasopharyngeal mass is benign. However, periodic biopsy of the mass should be carried, say- once a year or, as advised by your doctor, to know if there has been any malignant change in the mass. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 19 hours later
doc...what is the chances that there will be change from benign? i am now currently under ciprobay500 twice daily, allerzet every night and avamys spray twice daily.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Difficult to predict chances of malignant changes Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Nice hearing back from you. Firstly, the drugs being taken by you are for nasal allergy (childhood asthma) and will have no impact on the nature of nasopharyngeal mass. Further, it is difficult to predict the chances of a benign tumor progressing to malignancy. As per statistics, only 10-15% of them show malignant changes in future. Perhaps, the complete histological report may throw light on whether the mass has the susceptibility to show malignant changes. However, nasopharyngeal cancer is a rare one. As per statistics, only 1 in a million population gets it. Your ENT specialist is the best judge to brief you on the topic. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 1 hour later
thank you doc...

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wish you good health Detailed Answer: You're most welcome, XXXX Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 18 hours later
I easy get dizzy while walking, is it okay if I jog? Exercise? Am I right that my veins are not a1 condition?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Exercises are good for health and heart Detailed Answer: Sure, XXXX You may go in for jogging and other exercises, provided that it doesn't precipitate asthma attack. From the information provided, your leg veins are PERFECTLY NORMAL. If you have been taking Vascoride and Vestar together, you may space them out: Take Vestar 2 hours after Vascoride (or vice versa). This is likely to reduce your dizziness. Take care, Dr. (Col) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 38 minutes later
Actually ciprobay500, vascoride, vestar & avamys spray in the morning and ciprobay500, vestar, allerzet & avamys spray in the evening. Two separate doctors. Your thoughts doc?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take Vascoride and Vestar in morning as advised Detailed Answer: Your dizziness is apparently due to both: * as a side effect of Allerzet, and * a synergistic effect of Vascoride and Vestar- if taken simultaneously. Give a gap of about 2 hours between Vascoride and Vestar in the morning. For example, take one of them at 8AM and the other, at 10AM. This may reduce dizziness. Take care, Dr. (Col) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 5 minutes later
Thanks doc. Very very informative.

Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: My Pleasure, XXXX

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 13 hours later
Every afternoon I get headaches, discomfort. Is it the nasopharyngeal mass giving pain or something else (cervical pains or something)? I ruled out blood pressure because heart rate and blood pressures are in normal levels. Numbing back head, forehead right eye suckets. I also sleep on the left side. I seldom sleep on the right. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Headaches may be due to medicines Detailed Answer: The headache may be due either Vascoride or Vestar, or Both. Consult your doctor who will change the medicines if required. Dr. (Col) Rakesh Karanwal

Follow-up: Is it fine to skip vascoride when BP is under control? 2 hours later
Doc...I just tried putting my hands on the seat and made my head drop like looking straight and seeing my knees and when I rise slowly after a while, headaches disappear. Can this be the answer?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 22 hours later
Brief Answer: You ENT doctor may have the answer Detailed Answer: Well, I can't comment on the reason why headaches disappear following the procedure you practiced. Maybe, your ENT doctor would have an explanation for this. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal

Thank you doc.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: My pleasure,XXXX