Is high blood pressure curable?

I am suffering from high blood pressure for last four months and taking medicine one tab. on daily basis prescribed by a doctor. At present blood pressure is 136/80. Is it curable ? How much time it will take?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is a disease of lifestyle Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, High blood pressure is a disease of lifestyle. It is not an infection which can be cured with antibiotics. High blood pressure remains, and it requires lifestyle changes and treatment is usually lifelong. You need to take the medicines regularly for life long. Please continue to take the medicine prescribed by your doctor. Regards,
Follow-up: Is high blood pressure curable? 33 minutes later
Use of medicine is enough or do you suggest to bring some changes in present life style? As we know that sometimes it becomes threat for life. In nutshell along with medicine what precautions we should take seriously?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: medicines along with lifestyle changes Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, As you know by now, Hypertension is a disease of lifestyle. It definitely requires medicines along with lifestyle changes. The precautions would be to follow a healthy eating habit. I suggest lots of vegetables and fruits in the diet. Avoidance of high fatty and spicy food. Avoid junk food. Plenty of fluids orally. Regular exercise becomes a MUST as well. I suggest brisk walking for 40 mins, 5 days a week. You can also try aerobic exercises. Remain stress free as much as possible. Take your medicines regularly. Hope this helps you. Wish you good health.