Is gonorrhea transmitted through direct contact?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Can I contract gonorrhea from licking semen from my hand? Can I contract gonorrhea if semen touches the opening of my penis?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gonorrhea is transmitted through direct contact Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX Gonorrhea is transmitted through direct contact with an infected partners secretions. You can easily become infected with gonorrhea if you get infected semen or vaginal fluids on or in the penis, vagina, vulva, mouth, throat, anus or eye. take care regards

Follow-up: Is gonorrhea transmitted through direct contact? 3 minutes later
So it is possible to contract gonorrhea after touching another infected person's secretions?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it is possible Detailed Answer: Hi. Yes it is possible to contract the infection if the secretions come in direct contact with your penis opening or throat. take care regards