Is everything normal in my semen analysis report ?

i am 23 years old and i make semen analysis and i found the test result as the following :
Vloume : 2.0 ml
Color : Grayish white
Liquefaction : 40 minutes
PH : 8.0
Sperm motility : 65%
Sperm Count : 54.4 * 10 6 /mm3
Abnormal forms : 10%
WBC : 5 - 10 /hpf
please can u tell me if this result normal and if not what i must to do or to take Medications and also as i see i think the wbc is not normal tell me please if this big problem ,,, Many thanks
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
For analysis of semen the sample should be fresh after sexual abstinence of 2 to 4 days to give accurate results.
Let me interpret your results:
The volume of semen less than 1 ml is abnormal.The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 45 minutes and ph should indicate it to be alkaline(between 7.2 and 8.0). Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million. Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly. Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample.
Your report is almost normal and reproductive capability is present. Presence of 5-10 WBC's in a semen sample are absolutely normal and there is nothing to worry.
Some suggestions for you:
1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count.
2) Take a Zinc supplementation once daily for few months.
3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol.
4) Do some form of exercise daily.
5) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

Consider visiting an Infertility Specialist for thorough evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up if any.