Is epilim chrono compatible with cephalexin?

Is epilim chrono compatible with cefalexin?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 40 minutes later
Thanks for writing in

There are no known drug interactions between epilim chrono and cephalexin. So you should be able to safely take both of them (if prescribed by your doctor) and not expect any unusual side effects.
Epilim chrono is a medicine containing sodium valproate and is used in epilepsy, mood disorders and a few other conditions.
Cephalexin on other hand is a antibiotic used to treat infections in general like skin soft tissue, urinary infections, upper and lower respiratory tract infections to name a few.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I shall be available for follow ups.
Follow-up: Is epilim chrono compatible with cephalexin? 4 hours later
Thank you. I just thought I would ask because I noticed that the isopropyl alchohol and absolute alcohol are listed among the ingredients. I know that alcohol (as in wine etc) does interfere with Epilim and has resulted in my having a fit. Also, the last time I had to take cephaxelin, I was not taking anti-consulvants of any kind.
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 8 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Some medicines like phenobarbitones, benzodiazepines, amitriptyline, phenytoin do interact increasing the blood levels of Epilim chrono.

There is no serious interaction of cephalexin with other drugs but it can interact with medicines like a blood thinner such as warfarin, metformin, probenecid.

As far as alcohol is concerned it interacts with almost all medicines so it should be avoided when you are under treatment with medicines.

Hope this answer is helpful to XXXXXXX all your concerns.

Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.

Warm regards