Is dark brownish color urine a sign of renal failure?

yes dr told me today that I've got signs of renal failure because of the color of my urine..its a dark browinsh color adding a photo to this..have to go tomorrow for blood and urine test was just wondering if the dr really could tell that by looking at color of my urine. 29/m
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dehydrated urine Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I have seen the photo of the urine sample you have sent me, it is dark brown in colour suggestive of dehydrated urine. It is difficult to tell if you are having renal failure just by looking at the urine sample, please get back to me with the following so that I can judge your status better 1. Have you noticed reduced urination from the past few days? 2. Do you have swollen feet? 3. DO you feel breathless? 4. Have you lost your appetite? Do you have nausea and vomiting? 5. Are you a diabetic/hypertensive? or family history of renal failure? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Is dark brownish color urine a sign of renal failure? 7 minutes later
no history of renal failure in family...seems I piss more in the last 8 days then I ever have..not diabetic as far as I know..I feel fine all around besides upper middle stomach pain for a day or two now..right where ribs come together in middle not swollen anything have had kidney stones a few times now but never had this color urine
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Recurrence of renal stones Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the quick reply It is difficult to comment on renal failure as you have no symptoms of it.However what I can tell is that maybe you are having a recurrence of renal stones which could be causing this, and also there are chances that there could be a urinary tract infection as well which is causing you to pee several times a day. I suggest you to get 1. Urine routine 2. Complete blood count 3. Urine for calcium oxalate 4. USG abdomen and pelvis 5. Random blood sugar I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have further queries Regards