Is celiac disease caused by Anorexia and bulimia and what is lymphocytosis?

Hi i am 19 female i have bulimia nervosa , so in order to start treatment I had to have full bloods and test done , I had blood test results which said I have celiac disease would this be cause by the Anorexia and bulimia . I also was told I have lymphocytosis what does this mean I didn't understand
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). Celiac disease do not lead to anorexia and bulimia or vice versa. It is just a coincidence. Lymphocytosis is increased in lymphocytes which are cells which play a role in our defence (immune system). They get increased due to immune response to gliadin (present in wheat) as person is allergic to wheat. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Is celiac disease caused by Anorexia and bulimia and what is lymphocytosis? 11 minutes later
Thanks So just confirming taking excessive laxatives and regular purging would not have caused the celiac disease ? Also the lymphocytosis what could be the likely cause of that I have had a HIV test done today but I am scared I have googled this and it talks and cancer and HIV what are other causes
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Celiac is neither caused by laxative or purging Detailed Answer: Hello! Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease (immune dysregulation) it is neither caused by any laxative or purging. HIV and some blood cancers and some infections are other causes of lymphocytosis so your treating doctor wants to see for them also