Is body itching related to brownish yellow semen ejaculation?

Question
Hi, I have 2 symptoms that may or may not be related. First, I have a body itch that is about a week old located on my thighs, torso, and armpits. Second, I have a brownish-yellow semen upon ejaculation which was noticed about a week ago. Could these be related? I was in a dry climate for the past week and have been using lotion sparingly. I started to take Benedryl today. No other symptoms are noticed but i have started biking a lot and traveling internationally a lot. 2 recent changes to lifestyle.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possible infection Detailed Answer: Hello First addressing the brownish yellow semen ; semen is usually yellow semen but mixed with blood may appear brownish yellow. This is usually is caused by prostrate infection . It's important that you do a semen analysis to rule out infection . Since bloody discharge is never a good sign , malignancy should be also ruled out with ultrasound . Coming to the body itch it's probably unrelated and due to fungal or parasitic infection . Skin infection is common esp due to climate change and travel . See a dermatologist to identify the infection and treatment . And see a urologist for a prostrate exam and tests .