Is a white pimple like blister on tip of nipple with discharge, a sign of Paget's disease ?

I am a 64 yr old female and have a white pimple-like blister on the tip of my nipple that started out like discharge, but dried. Now it is more pimple/blister-like. Could this be Paget's.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

A pimple like swelling on the nipple in your age group with discharge might be suggestive of Paget's disease of nipple.
I would like to know some more details on your problem to be specific in my opinion , like:
1)Is there any flaky or scaly skin on the nipple?
2.Is there any straw-colored or bloody nipple discharge?
3.Is the change you mentioned is present only in one breast?
4.Are the nipples flattened?
5.Is there any crusty, oozing or hardened skin resembling eczema, on the nipple, areola or both?
6. Is there any burning sensations on the nipples or breasts?

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Is a white pimple like blister on tip of nipple with discharge, a sign of Paget's disease ? 59 minutes later
Dr. Tayal,
Thank you for your answer so far. The answers to your further questions are as follows:
I have no flaky or scaly skin on either nipple. There appeared to be straw-colored discharge that had dried the 1st time I noticed anything. Now that's where the white-headed pimple-looking thing is. It's only my right breast. I have had a couple of small lumps in my right breast that my primary care doctor was keeping an eye on. We were doing a mammogram and ultra-sound 6 mo apart a couple of times. I requested a needle biopsy, and he said he didn't think that was necessary at the time. That was a year ago. I have since had a mild stroke and sort of lost interest in my breast problems, and have been concentrating on not having another stroke. UNTIL I saw this pimple a couple of days ago. Sometimes the nipple is flattened on this breast - no usually on the other. No crusty or hardened skin. No burning on nipple, but a burning/pulling sensation at the bottom right of my right breast, which I figure is caused by scar tissue form my "benign" lung surgery in 1999.???
Thank you for any answers you might be able to impart.
Sincerely, XXXXXXX Carrroll
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The symptoms you have told are though mild but are not ignorable. Your symptoms do make me suspicious of initial stages of Paget's disease.

You must get this investigated so that if there is any problem it must be diagnosed early.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Wish you an early recovery.