Is a second pregnancy possilble with improper bleeding due to PCOS?

Im 26 years old, I have just found out I may have early stages of PCOS. I have a 3 year old daughter and want to have another child. Over the last 6 months I have just started getting my period again but it only comes every second month. I have it now but its not as heavy as it has been and seems a bit watery. Could I get pregnancy again and is this normal?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 49 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX thanks for the query.

Yes there are all the chances of you getting pregnancy again.

You are already a mother and had an eventful pregnancy three years back,so there is a every possible chance for you to get pregnant again.
The reason for my hope are obvious,
1.A pregnancy in past rules out major problem related to reproductive system.
2.You are still young,so that age is on your side.Younger the age more chances of pregnancy.

first of all it is important to know whether your ovulation is normal or not.In case of PCOS you need to take regular treatment for same.With the help of treatment when ovulation becomes normal then only pregnancy can occur.

Please take regular treatment for this condition,be in touch with your doctor for ovulation study and all.Regular periods with mid cycle pain is rough indicator for ovulation for you.

Try to have relation during this time and the chances as I said are bright.

Irregularity in period may be temporary and will become normal with treatment.There is not reason to worry,relax and wait for the good time to come.

I hope I have taken care of query,still if you have something more to know please write again,I will gladly reply it,Bye and take care.