Is a bump on the perineum a normal cyst?

I found a small hard pea sized bump on my perineum a couple days ago. It is closer to the scrotum than the anus. I do have constant dry skin/eczema issues down there, so I am wondering if it may be a normal cyst. Already made an appt with my GP but I was wondering if my assumption is correct since I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 24 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I agree with you because the first possibility that comes to mind is of perineal cyst/ perianal cyst. It can be epidermoid cyst, dermoid cysts, anal duct/gland cysts and sacrococcygeal teratoma (less likely).

The other possibilities are of a swollen lymph node (if there is a history of recent infection), boil or abscess (if the lump is painful), genital wart (if there is a history of unprotected intercourse) or a benign skin growth.

You need to get this lump examined from a surgeon and maybe you need to get a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lump. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe.

Till then, apply warm compresses on the area and take some over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.