Is Zorvolex effective in arthritis treatment?

I need info on Zorvolex med - I have been diagnosed with "arthritis" given a steroid injection and this . I nneed to know if this is sufficient or how do I find out what kind of arthritis I have. Thank you. I know so little about arthritis.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NSAID, Life style changes, glucosamine Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Tab Zorvolex is a NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory drug) most commonly used to relieve pain. This has similar effect as of other anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen, aceclofenac etc. This drug can reduce pain, inflammation as well as reduce high body temperature to normal. Arthritis are of many tipes. The most common cause which is age, weight and life style related is osteoarthritis. There will be pain initially and with time due to inflammation swelling around knee joint, restricted movement can develop. The main treatment for this cause is NSAID for pain and inflammation and life style modifications like reducing weight, daily mild exercises. Hot fomentation, topical analgesic gel and few drugs like glucosamine sulfate may be helpful. This measures will help you in recovery. If severe pain then steroid will be helpful, but the steroid cannot be continued on daily basis because of side effects. In severe cases of arthritis knee replacement can be done where in the person will be relieved of all the symptoms. For the confirmation opn diagnosis, you can consult your doctor once for examination once. I hope these answers have been both informative and helpful for you. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them. Wish you good health. regards
Follow-up: Is Zorvolex effective in arthritis treatment? 1 hour later
I forgot to include one very important thing--in Sept. 13 I had 4 stents put in 2 (arteries) & am on Plavix plus one baby aspirin daily --plus meds for high blood pressure (seems to be under control) & chloresterol (sp.) plus thyroid med. I have been on so meds for so long I forget about the problems. I need to know if the Zorvelox is a problem?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No drug interactions if taken for acute condition Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the follow up. Zorvelix if taken for acute condition will not cause any problem. But if you take chronically, then it can cause gastric mucosal erosion and can cause ulcer and hence bleeding. So for some time of 7-10 days there won't be any problem with the drug. You need to continue all other drugs for hypertension, cholesterol, thyroid and baby aspirin. Hope this information helps you. Regards