Is Tifa scan safe for a baby and why is it done?

Why is tiffa scan done
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: Is Tifa scan safe for a baby and why is it done? 9 minutes later
Is tiffa scan safe for the baby
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Tifa scan is Ultrasound scan and is also known as Targeted Imaging Foetal Anamaly scan used to determine any gross or minor foetal abnormalities which can be determined by Ultrasound. In this, detailed scanning of each and every foetal part is done and imaged.

It is usually performed between 18 to 23 week sof pregnancy.

Since it is like normal Ultrasound it would not harm the baby and is better to get it done to avoid any foetal abnormalities later.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: Is Tifa scan safe for a baby and why is it done? 20 minutes later
The doctor told me every thing is normal still he suggested for tiffa scan I am tensed please advice what can be a reason
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for the folllow up

There is no need to be tensed as this is a normal scan and just helps in determining any abnormalities. Nowdays it is kind of routine investigation or is especially advised in cases where there is any family history of any defects/malformations.

So, please do not worry and go ahead with your doctor's advise.

Hope this answers your query.

Wishing you Good Health.