Is Ritalin a good substitute of Focalin?

I am prescribed Focalin, Doctor, and in my area, no pharmacy has it in stock...they are ALL on back my doctor substituted Adderall, with which I have a paradoxical reaction. Do you know how I can get Focalin and/or do you think Ritalin would be a better solution?Since Adderall is clearly not an option and focalin XR is not covered, how do you feel about methylphenidate hydrochloride suspension or Nuvigil?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ritalin would be a better option Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Only with slight difference in the efficacy both Focalin and Ritalin are almost same in every other aspect. I would consider it a better option to go for Methylphenidat (Ritalin) rather than amphetamine (Adderall). The effects on taking Ritalin would be much similar compared to Focalin. Wish you good health. regards,